Take ten seconds off all your other thoughts and think of the first three things that come to your head when you see yourself 5 years down the line. Done? Now that you have pictures of Bungalows, Designer clothes and the most expensive gadgets, I’ll shoot you a question. How many of you out there actually considered being happy as one of your top priorities?
Jim Carrey said, “I hope everybody could become rich and famous and get everything they ever wanted so they know, that’s not the answer.”
Well, happiness could mean anything, it could mean a new gadget, it could mean your blog post getting more hits than ever, it could be materialistic, and it could be immaterialistic for all I care. What matters at the end of the day is how happy you are. What matters is what makes you happy. What matters is your perception of happiness.
They say Life is what you make of it and that is nothing but the truth. If you make your life happening, it’ll be happy. If you don’t make it, it simply won’t.
I’m not here to give you gyaan on how to live your life nor am I enlightening you on how to be happy. I’m not even here expecting you’ll to remember what I said at the end of this article. I’m here doing my bit because I believe I can make a difference.
I am just going to share my perception of life, my perception of happiness.
1. Live in the moment: They say life goes by very fast, may be because more than often, we do not stop to live in the moment. Give that gift to yourself. Trust me, you deserve it.
2. Do what actually makes you happy: Remember one thing; in life the person you will spend the most amount of time with is going to be nobody but you. Make sure you’re happy with that one yeah?
3. Be grateful: This may not seem that important, but it definitely is. If a person out there is opening the door for you, thank them. If somebody out there drops you home safe, thank them. It may not make your day, but it might make theirs.
4. Also, when given choices, go with the one that makes you happier. Never forget one thing, in life you always have a choice, in every god damn situation of your life, you always fucking have a choice. Pick the ones that make you happier. Skip the ones that are easier. Get rid of the tradition paralysis.
5. Help others: This one thing will make your day more than it made theirs.
Again, all of this was only my perspective.
If I start plucking the petals of a rose and littering it everywhere.
Somebody out there may say, I’m destroying it. Somebody out there may say I’m just passing time.
You out there might say I’m making a mess of the place, or you out there might say I’m making the place more beautiful than it already looks.
Each of you is right their own way.
and that my friends is exactly why I believe in Perspective, because each one, has a different one.